Friday, March 11, 2011

BLOG #2

The article Fifth Graders Soar in the Blogospherehttp://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech253.shtml )  gave me great interest in the idea of blogging being brought into the classroom. A teacher integrated blogging into her lessons and with that provided a greater motivation for the students to write. They took more pride and put more effort into their work because the teacher was no longer the sole audience, now their work could be seen by their peers. This article  caught my attention because of the fact that I am doing my field experience with a fifth grade class. I can see how it would broaden their learning spectrum from wanting to learn more, to improving their writing skills. Blogging gives them the opportunity to express their thoughts and ideas, like a free write. It also leaves room for suggestion for the teacher to learn what their students believe to be great ways of learning. This interaction has many benefits and provides them with an better understanding of the world today. Blogging is used everywhere including college courses like this one. Exposing them to blogging opens doors to motivational learning and discussion. This is something I could see myself trying if placed in an upper grade one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment